When it comes to the best women’s sunglasses, there are a few simple things to keep in mind. Most people go for a silhouette that balances their features, so you may want to consider your face shape to start. For example, angular frames tend to look great on round faces, so you may want to check out the measurements on your favorite pair of sunglasses (often printed on the arm) to get an idea of the size you are looking for.
Color is another factor to consider. Unless you want a fashion option like bright red or optic white, look for something that complements your skin tone or hair color or even the clothing you wear. For example, if you’re going the metal route, consider what jewelry you wear most frequently and how the frames will fit in with your daily look.
Now for the most important factor: sun protection. Generally speaking, a larger lens is going to offer more protection than a smaller one. Not all lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection, so be sure to double-check the lens details if you want to be assured of that—and stick with polarized options.
To help you find the best women’s sunglasses to carry you through the spring and summer seasons, check out our favorite brands and styles below.
- Best Classic Women’s Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
- Best Sporty Women’s Sunglasses For Running: Goodr
- Best Stylish Women’s Sunglasses At Affordable Prices: Le Specs
- Best Luxury Women’s Sunglasses That Will Last: Oliver Peoples
- Best Women’s Sunglasses For Customized Choices: Warby Parker
- Best Women’s Sunglasses For All Face Shapes: Raen
- Best Statement-Making Women’s Sunglasses: Tol